Teen Piano Camp: June 13-18, 2022
Junior/Junior High Piano Camp: June 20-25, 2022
A unique program combining the finest of piano instruction with a totally fun-packed camping experience—all within the spiritually enriching atmosphere of a Christian camp.
- Grow as a person through competitive activities and recreational opportunities.
- Grow as a musician through teaching sessions, masterclasses and private lessons.
- Grow as a Christian through evening preaching services and personal time with God.
Click here for brochure! Summer 2022 Brochure
Receive instruction in these areas:
- Music theory — Classes offered in Fundamentals and Intermediate Theory, placement determined by student’s prior knowledge.
- Piano Technique — Discussion and demonstration of scales and arpeggios with special emphasis on arm rotation and relaxation
- Hymn Improvisation — A feature unique to Camp Joy’s piano program, instruction given by master hymn players teaching evangelistic accompaniment of hymns and gospel songs
- Musicianship — Emphasizing the building of skills in the areas of dynamic contrasts, tone, articulation, and musical phrasing so vital to a polished performance
- Philosophy — Discussion centering on what God’s Word has to say about a Christian seeking to develop a godly philosophy of music
- And More!
Sample Daily Schedule:
- God and I Time
- Session #1
- Session #2
- Practice/Private Lessons
- Recreational activities
- Evening Service
- Session #3
Additional Highlights of the Week:
- Crazy competitive activities
- Water sports with Ski Nautique boats
- Hiking and fun outdoor activities
- Rifle Range and archery
- Caring staff who are there for you
With so much to do, you are guaranteed a week packed with wonderful memories!
Be sure to check out our What to Pack page.
Reservations & Cost:
- Teen Piano Camp Cost: $300 per person (this includes the $50 registration fee)
- Junior Piano Camp Cost: $300 per person (this includes the $50 registration fee)
Sponsor Lodging Info:
- Free Deluxe Accommodations with Sponsor Payment.
- Upgrade to a Driftwood Village Cabin: $20 per person, $10 per child.
As we must turn away late registrations to hold a reserve spot, your deposit can only be transferred to a future retreat you attend if you email email@example.com within a week of the retreat. Please send your registration form and $50 (per person) non-refundable, non-transferable deposit to Camp Joy.
The balance will be due when you arrive at camp.