Camp Joy is a ministry founded on the Word of God. Camp Joy remains true to the Word, steadfast in its resolve to help you take important steps of spiritual growth.
To learn more about what we believe, please see our doctrinal statement below.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word, both Old and New Testament; that it was written by men divinely and uniquely inspired by God; that it is absolutely trustworthy and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Pet. 1:21; I Cor. 2:13)
- We believe in God the Father, Creator of heaven and earth, perfect in holiness, infinite in wisdom, and measureless in power. We rejoice that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ. (Deut. 6:4; Is. 44:6; Gen. 1:1; I Pet. 1:15-16; Prov. 15:3; Rom. 11:33; Job 42:2; Rom. 2:4; Ps. 65:2; Rom. 6:23)
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, sinless in His life, making atonement for the sin of the world by His death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His Ascension into heaven, His high priestly intercession for His people, and His imminent, personal, visible, pre-tribulation, pre-millennial return for His bride according to His promise. (John 3:16; Matt. 1:20, 23; II Cor. 5:21; Rom. 5:11; I Cor. 15:4; Acts 1:9; Heb. 4:14, 7:25; I Thess. 4:16-17; Acts 1:11; Titus 2:13)
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from God to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and comfort those who believe in Jesus Christ. (John 16:7-8; John 3:5; I Pet. 1:2; John 14:16)
- We believe that all men by nature and by choice are sinners, but that “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” We believe, therefore, that those who accept Christ as their Lord and Savior will rejoice in God’s presence forever, and those who refuse to accept Christ as Lord and Savior will forever be separated from God and consigned to a literal hell. (John 3:16, Rom. 3:10-18; Rom. 5:8-9; Matt. 25:46; Luke 16:19-31; Rev. 20:14-15)
- We believe in the Church, a living, spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and of which all regenerated people are members. We believe that a visible church is a company of believers in Christ, buried with Him in baptism and associated for worship and fellowship. We believe that to these visible churches were committed for observance “till He come,” the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and that God has laid upon these churches the task of persuading the lost to accept Jesus Christ as Savior, and to enthrone Him as Lord and Master. We believe that human betterment and social improvement are essential products of the Gospel. (Col. 1:18; I Cor. 12:13; I Cor. 11:23-31; Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; II Cor. 5:17-20)
- We believe that every human being is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; and that he should live an exemplary life in the sight of God and before others. (II Cor. 5:10; Rom. 14:12; I Pet. 1:14-16)
- We believe that each church is independent and autonomous, and must be free from interference by an ecclesiastical or political authority; that, therefore, church and State must be kept separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from the dictation or patronage of the other. (Matt. 22:15-21; Rom. 13:1-7)
- We believe that Separation demands that Truth and error cannot be mixed; therefore, we will not cooperate with inclusiveness in any way, seeking to obey the command, “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing: and I will receive you.” (II Cor. 6:14-17)